Sunday, November 27, 2011

i am thankful

Happy (three days after) Thankgiving, y'all!


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

We spent Thanksgiving break (hallelujah a break!) in Fort Payne with my family and had make-up Thanksgiving lunch today with the Snows. I'm so full of dressing I think I might explode... We loved seeing everyone and celebrating everything God blessed us with!

My aunt Regina came up with a game to play at Mawmaw's. We each came up with something we were thankful for besides the obvious (awesome family, cars with heat and AC, a safe home, jobs, great friends, a loving God, ect.), wrote it on a slip of paper, and had to guess who wrote what. We know each other pretty well because we all guessed right off the bat! Tom and I continued to play our own game of it and here's what we came up with:

- cranberry sauce from the can
- indoor plumbing
- Walking Dead and Call of Duty for teaching us how to survive zombie attacks
-  the A'Chocolypse and Cinnapsis bars hiding in my purse. We love Sweeteeth!
- The Office and New Girl for giving us hours of hilarious entertainment (I've been repeating Zooey's line "I got the last turkey in AMERICA!" all week! So far Tommy hasn't made me stop but I'm sure he's glad the holiday is over!)
- spell check for helping us look smarter than we are
- Jack the Dog
- a vacation from the schools we are both so blessed to attend
- fried rice, sushi, and shrimp sauce
- hard times that teach us to be strong
- love. For exsisting and making everything worth it.

Even with the silly stuff, we are truly blessed. I love the crazy family I was born into as well as the great big one I've recently become a part of. I love having true friends I can count on for anything. I adore having a my sweet, goofy husband and fluffy puppy to come home to every day. Thank you God for these blessings and many more!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! What are some things you are most thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!