Tuesday, October 4, 2011

what a crappy morning


Ugh!

This morning has been crappy!
I know, I know. It could be worse. It can always be worse, but I'm just going to take some time a complain anyway.

In English this week we are having 20 minute individual conferences to go over our papers. My appointment was at 8:40 this morning. If we miss our appointment it is the equivalent of being absent twice.

This morning I tried printing my paper off from my Netbook (side note: I will never ever buy another netbook. They do not work like other computers, espcially when you need them to.) and it decides to take to take half an hour to start up! Because I have thirty minutes to waste in the mornings! When It finally does open and let me get the file, the printer starts printing five copies of the wrong paper then freezes before I can get to the right one!

I am suuuupppper mad at this point so I jerk my computer up and drive off to school late. Because I'm late there are no parking spots left in my entire lot and I ended up being the perfectly capable jerk who parked in the handicap space. I justified it by telling myself I would only be parked there for a little while and I never seen any cars in those spaces. Why are they putting handicap spots out that far anyway?!

Then I ran as fast as I could -- I'm not all that fast --  all the way from the Aquatics Center to Gorgus Library. I'm a pretty awkward runner, my arms flail and a makes weird faces, but add a boucing backpack and I look a lot like Captain Jack. When I finally make it to the downstairs Gorgus Cafe at 8:45 I'm sweaty, I'm late, and my shoes are soaked through from the damp grass but I haven't missed the appointment!

There's another girl sitting with my teach so I assume it's the last appointment running long and wait patiently. When nine o'clock comes around and the girl leaves, my teacher looks at me an says
"Oh, I'm sorry. You missed your appointment."
WHAT?! I was HERE! I was a few minutes late, but I was RIGHT HERE! That's what I'm thinking, but all I can say is sorry, over and over again. So I lost half my points and had to reschedule for 12:20 tomorrow when I really should be at work.

Sorry for the long post, but today sucks.
How's your day going? Better I hope!

*Captain Jack from here

1 comment:

Hooray! A comment just for me!