Monday, January 9, 2012

married christmas to us!

As you all know, this was our very first married Christmas! It was fantastic!
Of course I'm not going to lie to you, I seriously missed waking up at my parents house. It's just because it's different and the first year I was away. Tommy missed his old traditions too. But we still participated in everything we normally do and had fun figuring out new, grown-up-ish traditions!

Dec. 23rd we woke up early and went to my parents' house for gifts and breakfast before we left to visit my family in Ft. Payne!
Ps. I took all these with my phone, so they're pretty crummy. Bear with me!
Dad was really excited about his gift!

We spent Christmas eve at my aunt and uncle's house...
 ...having Tacky Christmas! I won.
 I didn't realize how long an actual game of Monopoly took! It eventually dwindled down to just Tom and I. Then he clobbered me and the bank took all my property.
 After a hard night of stealing my cash, Tommy used it to get his hair done at Salon Abby! He wasn't took happy about the pink and purple clips.
Abby and Sara found out that they are going to Disney World! They're sooooooo excited!

Christmas morning Tom and I packed our stuff up and met up with his family for our annual trip to Gatlinburg!
Tommy won this snowman/penguin man for me at a gas station on the way. He's the champion of crane games! Ha!

That night we exchanged our gifts to each other and to his parents.
I love how Tommy wraps my presents! Layers and layers of whatever paper he has on hand. He never cuts off the excess so he just folds and crumples it until he can tape the wad down! He also writes the recipient's name across the front in big, sloppy Sharpie! I get cracked up whenever I see his finished product! He's gotten a little better over the years, but I refuse to show him how its really done because I like knowing exactly which box from him. Underneath the double wrapping, packing tape, hand towels, old tshirts, and a broken hairdryer sat a Canon Powershot! I couldn't believe it! I've been so sad about my Cybershot breaking at Disney and I'm thrilled to be snapping away now! It was way too big a gift and made the Polo sweater I got him pale in comparison, but I'm extremely grateful for it! Now are better pictures!!!! Woot Woot!


 We had tons for fun in Dollywood!
 And the Ripley's aquarium! I swear, in Gatlinburg if Dolly doesn't own it, Ripley's does!
We had a wonderful first married Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!