Monday, January 16, 2012

the big 2-0! woot woot!

Today my sweet hubby has moved into his TWENTIES!


That's right. Today Tommy has turned 20! He's a real life grown up now, you guys! How exciting! I feel so privilaged to be able to spend this milestone birthday with him and I hope that he'll let me stick around for many, many more. I think he will though because I'm the world champion of snuggling.

I had something totally rad planned but since we collectively had to spend $800 on text books (Yeah, we both bought all used and it makes me sick every time I think about it.) it fell through. So, we decided to just hang out and be lazy all weekend. That's Tommy's absolute favorite thing! If it were up to him we would be hermits and the only people who would ever visit would be food delivery guys.
I could resist getting him out for at least a little while though. We went to Cheesecake Factory Saturday for lunch and nearly bust a gut! Oh, it was so soooo good! Fried mac-in-cheese heaven. Then we came home and took the most glorious nap in the history of all naps!

For his actually birthday I got him a few little gifts. Instead of getting him another card (he had already gotten a pretty sweet Jim Halpert talking card from someone special) I made him a message in a bottle.


I bought the little bottle at Michael's, rolled the letter around a pencil, and dropped it inside! It was really hard to squeeze it in that little bottle and even harder to get it out but he loved it :)

Tommy is my best friend and I can hardly believe he chooses to spend his every day with me. I can't imagine a more thoughtful, understanding, kind, funny, snuggly, HANDSOME man than the one God blessed me with. Happy birthday, Sunshine! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!