Monday, January 9, 2012

i love books!


I do! I love them! Books open doors to new worlds and places and times that a person would never have access to otherwise. Book are full of all the life and adventure and emotion that could ever be imagined. One can never read all the books in all the world; they're like a never-ending supply of everything that is good!

Yes, I'm kind of a nerd. I don't care!

Since the break started I've been reading up a storm! I'm trying to read everything I can get my hands on before I'm confined to boring ol' textbooks for the next five months. Not being able to read what I want nearly kills me!

I got a Nook from Tommy's parents for Christmas and I have used the crap out of it! The first thing I downloaded was the Hunger Games trilogy!

 I really, really enjoyed all three. They're suspensful and full of action and, of course, a love story. They're also pretty short so it's good for a quick read. I finished all three in about a week. Now I can hardly wait for the movie coming out in March even though I know the books will be way better! Aren't they always? Except for maybe Holes. It was pretty spot-on.

One thing I really love about reading is that you can cast whoever you want as each character. I've chosen very different people for Peeta and Gale than whoever they paid to be the casting director. Personally I like mine better, but I'm a little biased!


           Alex Pettyfer (my pick)                                           Josh Hutcherson (cast)

Sean Faris (my pick)                                      Liam Hemsworth (cast)

 See what I mean?! They cast the kid from Bridge to Terabithia as Peeta! I still see him as that immaginative kid from all those years ago, but I'm interested to see if he can break that image for me. I'm excited reguardless! You can watch the trailer here! It gives me chills!

Definately, definately read The Hunger Games trilogy if you haven't already! And when you finish, start on Water for Elephants. I finished it tlast week and loved it! But parts of it are pretty raunchy, so if you're sensitive to that you might want to skip out on this one and go straight for The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.

What should I ready next?
Do you have a nook? Will you be my nookfriend?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!