Monday, November 4, 2013

Nervcited

 Yes, I am feeling very nervcited lately! 
(that's nervous + excited, for those of you who don't speak Bethanese)

After three years of sitting for the Potter girls, it is time to move on. Little by little my college classes have begun to conflict with the hours I work and this coming semester has sealed my fate and forced change to be made. There's a word for it... not bittersweet, just... bitter. Yeah, bitter. Its like the end of an era! We're talking, when Rachel moves out of Monica's apartment sad, people! I am going to miss my girls terribly, but its part of growing up. 

I've known this was coming for a while so I've had some time to get used to the idea and start the application process. I'm now moving out of the slightly depressed phase and on to nervcited about change! (But I'll totally still sob on my last day)

The scariest part of this change is that currently I have no leads. Zilch. Nada. None. 
My school schedule mostly leaves space for night work, meaning restaurants are my best bet. The problem there being that I don't have any experience. I've applied to a lot of places around town but so far haven't heard much. So I don't know yet whether I'll be paying rent or living in a box. Time will tell!

I'm trying to look on the bright side and I'm very excited about the prospect of gaining new skills, meeting new people, and working with grown-ups. I know that I was made to work with children and I love that, but it will be nice not having to worry about other people's bathroom habits for a change! I hear there's also less biting in the adult world.

Whatever might happen with my employment, or lack thereof, I know that its in God's hands and that He will provide just as He has time and time again. I will not be afraid, just nervcited!

balloons from hellogiggles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!