Tuesday, June 19, 2012

fast and easy

Yeah, that's how I like it. Dinner, that is.

As a new-ish wife and a relatively unskilled cook, I'm always on the look out for simple, yummy recipes. Our first couple of months we pretty much lived off of Hamburger Helper and take out so out butts got a little fluffy. But don't worry! My dinners have improved greatly since the discovery of Pinterest and blog-surfing!

Last night I finally tried two recipes from my friend Brooke's blog and they were DELISH! Not to mention super easy! Minimum input, maximum reward. Naturally, I have to pass them on to you!

Our neighbors/landlords brought home their new baby boy yesterday so we brought them a cake to congratulate them. This cake, you guys, has major yum factor. I didn't actually get to taste is after it was baked (They would probably wonder why there was a giant slice missing!) but the batter was so rich it bumped me into a new tax bracket just from licking the bowls!

Flourless Chocolate & Vanilla Marble Cake


After we delivered the cake (a little begrudgingly) and went to the gym, we finally sat down to dinner and, boy, was it great!! My mom has always made stuffed shells but these had a yummy twist and were way easier. The recipe didn't call for sauce but we like to smother everything remotely Italian in Classico vodka sauce. So good! I also doubled the topping cheese to make it extra gooey and completely cancel out our workout. Can't have those calories sneaking away. HA!

Pesto-Chicken Stuffed Shells


Yum-o! Hubs woke up this morning still talking about how much he liked them!

I hope you'll give these recipes a whirl and let me know what you think!
Do you have any easy and tasty recipes for me to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment just for me!